“My philosophy, in essence, is the concept of man as a heroic being, with his own happiness as the moral purpose of his life, with productive achievement as his noblest activity, and reason as his only absolute” – Ayn Rand
Taxim Capital is a Turkey focused mid-market private equity firm specializing in control-oriented growth capital investments and shareholder / management buy-outs.
Taxim Capital brings together 150 years of experience in private equity investments, investment banking, management consulting and operations with strong international backgrounds and very extensive domestic networks.
Taxim takes after Turkish word “taksim”, which means “distribution” in English. Taksim also refers to Istanbul’s most renowned district, considered by many as the center of this historical city. The district takes its name from an 18th century stone water reservoir that was used to collect the main water lines from outside the city and distribute to other parts of Istanbul. In other words, Taksim was the place where this valuable resource was distributed to people who lived in this magnificent city.
We used the same name as an analogy to strive to be the leading mid-market private equity firm collecting funds from our investors, allocating them to high-growth, resilient companies in Turkey, creating exceptional returns and distributing the returns to our investors.
We actively create value, in partnership with other shareholders and management teams, by;
- Focusing the company’s efforts and resources on its core competencies
- Initiating and implementing operational improvements,
- Building defensible and cash generative business models,
- Finding and bringing in key managerial talent,
- Executing bolt-on acquisitions to strengthen the company’s competitive position,
- Strengthening the shareholder base and responding to additional capital needs,
- Extracting trapped cash out of operations,
- Enhancing organizational capabilities of the company, and
- Leveraging our extensive network of contacts.
About the Fund: TAXIM CAPITAL PARTNERS I, LP
Focus: Mid-cap Companies
- Mid-size companies with revenues up to EUR 100 focusing on:
- Consumer facing businesses (e.g. healthcare, retail, food and FMCG)
- Industrial companies with a special local angle or export strength (e.g. building materials, specialty chemicals and automotive parts)
- Business services (e.g. logistics, outsourced operations and staffing)
Investment Style / Value Creation
- Majority control or significant minority with governance rights and exit control
- Disciplined entry valuation and conservative capital structure
- Alignment of interests with shareholders and management
- Active partner stimulating change in strategy, governance and people management
- Access to debt and equity funding for growth
- Access to very wide network of human resources, strategic partners, suppliers and customers